SBBCollege Computer Support Technician - Training Program
The Computer Support Technician training program at SBBCollege is designed for students seeking entry-level positions in the fast-paced computer industry.
Get trained and ready to work in about 10 months.
The Computer Support Technician fast-track diploma program provides the skills and knowledge for students to become professionals in the technology industry. With courses delivered in a hybrid of hands-on computer lab instruction and flexible online classes, the program provides a working knowledge of computer hardware, computer software, security best practices and basic network infrastructure and configuration.
For highly motivated students, this program can also assist with preparation for industry certification examinations, such as the A+ certification which emphasizes skills in entry-level PC technology.
Along with classroom and online instruction, the Computer Support Technician training program also provides on-the-job training through the College’s externship program. This real world work experience before graduation can be vital when applying for job positions within the computer industry.
Study for this course at:
Computer Support Technician Training & Courses
Fast-track computer support technician training includes:
- Desktop applications including hands-on instruction of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Hardware configuration and management essential to service and support personal computers
- Networking essentials in order to manage and troubleshoot the various technologies used in local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs)
- Network security fundamentals to understand threats and vulnerabilities, including compliance, operational security, identity management, cryptography, web application attacks and more
- Desktop and computer security to protect computers and networks from increasingly sophisticated attacks
- Client workstation skills and knowledge necessary for installation, configuration, optimization, support and client security
- Server operating system skills essential to support servers on small to large networks
Certifications you will be qualified to test for:
Corresponding SBBCollege Course
CompTIA A+ Practical Application
NET101, Hardware Configuration & Management
CompTIA’s Network+ Certification
NET110, Networking Essentials
CompTIA’s Security+ Certification
NET120, Network Security
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
NET230, Client Workstation
Microsoft Office Specialist
NET100, Desktop Applications
Microsoft Technical Associate
NET230, Client Workstation
Computer Support Technician Careers
With a Computer Support Technician training diploma, graduates will be prepared to provide support and assistance to computer users by answering questions and solving problems related to computer hardware, computer software and networks.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), computer support specialists can expect to experience an employment growth rate of 11% from 2016-2026 as more and more organizations need upgrades to their computer software and equipment (www.bls.gov).
Areas of opportunity:
- Computer Specialist
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Technician
- Desktop Support Technician
- Network Technician
- Educational Institutions
- Government Agencies
- Non-profit Organizations
- Small Businesses
Apply for the Computer Support Technician Diploma Program!
Our admissions associates are ready to talk to you about how the Computer Support Technician diploma program can help to shape your future career. They can discuss the program in detail, talk you through the application process and let you know about the finance options that are available.
We have programs that can meet your needs and suit your circumstances. Contact our admissions department now for more details about how SBBCollege can help you get started!
The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), requires postsecondary education institutions to distribute or make available consumer information, including graduation rates, median debt of graduates, and other important information.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Programs vary by campus location.
- Get trained in just four 10-week terms
- Affordable hands-on training
- Computer labs with industry standard equipment
- Scholarships and financial aid for those who qualify
- Job-placement assistance