Important Information for Brightwood College Students


We at SBBCollege are very sorry to hear about the closure of Brightwood Colleges across the country. We are sensitive to the uncertainties and frustrations these closures may cause Brightwood students and their families.

Many of you attended Brightwood College to reach your academic and professional goals, and we would like to offer our support and services to help you continue to reach those goals.

If you would like to finish your degree or diploma with SBBCollege, our team is ready to help in any way we can, including evaluating credits for transfer and guiding you through the financial aid process.

For more information, call our admissions team at 1-866-610-7222.


About SBBCollege

  • Programs Offered – SBBCollege offers diploma, associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in business administration, HVAC, criminal justice, paralegal studies, medical assisting, medical office administration, healthcare administration and an online MBA.
  • Campus Locations – SBBCollege has campus locations in Bakersfield, Rancho Mirage, and Santa Maria, as well as an online campus.
  • Start Dates – SBBCollege starts classes every five weeks.
  • Military Benefits – SBBCollege accepts military education benefits and participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
  • Accreditation – SBBCollege is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.


Transfer Credits

SBBCollege will evaluate credits earned at Brightwood College and inform you which credits may transfer into our programs.To transfer your credits, please request the following items from Education Corporation of America as soon as possible.

  • Official transcripts
  • Copies of your Wonderlic score
  • Copies of your physical and/or CPR certification (if applicable)
  • Copies of your high school diploma or high school transcripts


Financial Services

SBBCollege can help you navigate the financial aid process and ensure you are aware of your rights as a student. Take the steps below to transition away from Brightwood College and continue your education with SBBCollege. Please do not hesitate to contact the SBBCollege Financial Services team with additional questions.

1st Step – Ensure your information is accurate

Make sure your Brightwood College financial aid information is accurate and updated by Education Corporation of America. This will ensure our team is providing accurate information throughout the process. To request an update to your financial air record, email the ECA Student Finance team at Be sure to include the following information in the email:

  • First and last name
  • Student ID or last four of SSN
  • School Attended (including specific location)
  • Program


2nd Step – Determine what to do with your loans, credits and payments (if applicable)

The next steps you take will be determined by your unique situation at Brightwood College, such as if you received federal student aid, whether you would like to transfer your credits or if you made in-school payments.

Federal Student Loans

If you received federal student loans for your Brightwood College education, there are two options for you to consider as you decide your next step. You may only choose one option.

Option 1: Loan Discharged and Credits Do Not Transfer

You have the right to have your student loan(s) discharged, which means you will no longer be required to repay your loan. Having your loans discharged means you cannot transfer any credits you earned at Brightwood College to another educational institution.

If you choose option one, you will need to request a loan discharge from your loan servicer, the organization that manages your student loans. If you do not know your loan servicer is, contact the National Student Loan Data Systems (NSLDS). The NSLDS will provide the details of your loan, including the name of your loan servicer, the loan value, and estimated monthly payments.

National Student Loan Data Systems

Option 2: Credits Transfer and No Loan Discharge

You may choose to transfer eligible credits earned at Brightwood College to another educational institution. This may affect your eligibility for a loan discharge and you will most likely have to repay your student loans from Brightwood College.


In-school Payments

If you made payments directly to Brightwood College, you have the right to request reimbursement of your tuition from the Student Tuition Recovery Fund. Complete the Student Tuition Recovery Fund Application to begin the process.

Student Tuition Recovery Fund Application


Veteran Benefits

If you used veteran education benefits, such as the Post-9/11 GI Bill, for your education at Brightwood College, please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) at 1-888-GIBILL1.


3rd Step: Complete the financial services process at SBBCollege

To continue your education with SBBCollege, we will guide you through the SBBCollege financial planning process. One of the first steps will be to add SBBCollege to your 2018-2019 FAFSA. The school code is 025779.


Helpful Links and Organizations

Office of Student Assistance and Relief (OSAR)

School Closure Information for Bright College, including your rights when your school closes and provides up-to-date information on resources available to students impacted by their school’s closure.

Education Corporation of America

Student Information for ECA Campus Students, including the transcript request process and student frequently asked questions.

Federal Student Aid

Provides information on the eligibility requirements for loan discharge if your school closes.